Our partners at FantasyBet are true experts for the Eliteserien, and they researched the set-piece takers for the Eliteserien. The research was extracted from OPTA statistics for corners, attempts from indirect free-kicks and goals scored from direct free-kicks, combined with data from pre-season.
The original article was published on the FantasyBet Blog. All credits and a big thank you to Jamie Reeves from FantasyBet!
Read the post on FantasyBet (click here and go the Blog Section)
Set-Piece Takers Eliteserien– Penalties, Free Kicks, Corners
|Team||Penalty Taker||Backup Penalty Taker|
|Sarpsborg 08||Halvorsen||Lund Nielsen|
Set-Piece Takers Eliteserien 2019/20 Penalties
|Team||Direct Freekick Takers|
|Kristiansund BK||Gjertsen, Aasbak|
|Lillestrøm||Lehne Olsen, Krogstad|
|Mjøndalen||Olsen Solberg, Jansen, Aasmundsen|
|Molde||Eikrem, Ulland A|
|Ranheim||Storflor, Tønne, Karlsen|
|Sarpsborg 08||Lindseth, Thomassen, Larsen|
|Tromsø||Antonsen, Taylor, Gamst Pedersen|
|Viking||Tripic, Bytyqi, Ibrahimaj|
Set-Piece Takers Eliteserien 2019/20 Free Kicks
|Kristiansund BK||Aasbak, Gjertsen|
|Rosenborg||Helland, Jensen, Hedenstad|
|Sarpsborg 08||Thomassen, Lindseth, Larsen|
|Tromsø||Taylor, Gamst Pedersen|
|Vålerenga||Juarez, Finne, Shala|
Set-Piece Takers Eliteserien 2019/20 Corners
These tables show you the expected set-piece takers for each of the Eliteserien teams. They are based on last season’s stats, some online stats, the pre-season friendlies and, for new signings, whether the player was responsible for set pieces at his previous club.
The list will be updated as new league trends become apparent. If you think any of the information or the list of players is not correct, leave your comment or send a Tweet to @11_Heroes.
Fantasy tips for your set-piece takers in the Eliteserien
- Set-piece takers are of great importance in both daily fantasy and seasonal fantasy: Daily vs Seasonal Fantasy Football Explained.
- Free kicks and even more so penalties can often lead to a direct goal
- Assists are almost as valuable.
- It’s not just important to look for players who are responsible for their team’s set pieces, it is also worth taking a look at the statistics to find out which teams score goals from set-piece situations!
- If you can not decide between two players, you should always opt for the set-piece taker, as these players bring more points potential to your team.
- Defenders who take set pieces are particularly valuable, as they often get more points for goals and if they pick up the clean-sheet bonus as well, they can earn gigantic scores (the defensive captain!)
- For teams with strong set-piece takers, it’s also worth taking a look at defensive players who are known to be good in the air, these are also very valuable!